Below is a list of trivia in the British soap opera Hollyoaks.
This page contains worthy facts about the cast and set.
Persephone Swales-Dawson Edit
- Persephone Swales-Dawson had to go through four callbacks after her initial audition of Nico Blake, she was the only fourteen years old.
Rachel Adedeji Edit
- Rachel Adedeji appeared on the X-Factor before being cast as Lisa Loveday.
Lauren McQueen Edit
- At beginning of filming, Lauren McQueen was 20. Lily Drinkwell was 15 in her first appearance.
Twinnie Lee Moore Edit
- Twinnie Lee Moore appeared on The Voice before being cast as Porsche McQueen.
Anna Shaffer Edit
- Anna Shaffer appeared in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in 2009, two years before her arrival in Hollyoaks in 2011 as Ruby Button.
Jeff Rawle Edit
- Jeff Rawle appeared in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 2005, 7 years before his arrival in Hollyoaks in 2012 as Silas Blissett.
Danny Mac Edit
- A petition containing over 500 signatures was formed in 2015 after Danny Mac's departure to bring Dodger Savage back.
Rory Douglas-Speed Edit
- Joel has been portrayed by 2 different actors. From 2012-13, he was played by Andrew Still, and in 2016 he was portrayed by Rory Douglas-Speed.
Jimmy Essex Edit
- Jimmy Essex appeared on the X-Factor in the boy band MITSOTU before being cast as Adam Donovan.
Nadine Mulkerrin Edit
- Nadine Mulkerrin appeared in Waterloo Road before her arrival in Hollyoaks as Cleo McQueen.
Chelsee Healey Edit
- Chelsee Healey appeared in Waterloo Road before her arrival in Hollyoaks as Goldie McQueen.
Charlie Wernahm Edit
- Charlie Wernham appeared on Britain's Got Talent as a stand up comedian before being cast as Robbie Roscoe.
- Charlie Wernham appeared in Bad Education before his appearance in Hollyoaks as Robbie Roscoe.
Nikki Sanderson Edit
- Nikki Sanderson used to be a glamour model, she used to model for FHM and Loaded Magazine before being cast as Maxine Minniver.
Amanda Clapham Edit
- Holly Roscoe has been portrayed by 5 different actresses. From 1997-2002 she was portrayed by Karis Sharkey, in 2004 she was portrayed by Katie Hynes, from 2008-10 she was portrayed by Lydia Waters, from 2012-13 he was portrayed by Wallis Day and from 2013 onwards she was portrayed by Amanda Clapham.
Kieron Richardson Edit
- Ste Hay has appeared in the most episodes to date, in front of Tony Hutchinson and Ashley Taylor Dawson.
Jessica fox Edit
- Nancy Osborne's character had a tattoo which was removed by "lasers".
Ross Adams Edit
- Ross Adams goes for an extra deep spray tan for his character every week for Scott Drinkwell.
Anna Passey Edit
- Anna Passey originally auditioned for Annalise Appleton before being succesful in auditioning for Sienna Blake.
Helen Pearson Edit
- Frankie Osborne is the longest running female character.
Nick Pickard Edit
- Tony Hutchinson is the longest running character.
Lysette Anthony Edit
- Lysette Anthony appeared as Yvonne Summers before being cast as the regular character Marnie Nightingale.
Greg Wood Edit
- Greg Wood had to have 6 tattoos applied before any appearance as Trevor Royle.
Charlie Clapham Edit
- Charlie Clapham is also a professional body piercer as well as portraying Freddie Roscoe.
Jorgie Porter Edit
- Before playing Theresa McQueen, Jorgie Porter wished to be a ballet dancer, but was informed she was too overweight.
Cameron Moore Edit
- Cameron Moore does not have a Scottish accent, despite Cameron Campbell being Scottish.
Amrit Maghera Edit
- Amrit Maghera previously danced as a backup dancer for Kanye West and Guns 'N' Roses before being cast as Neeta Kaur.
Amy Barnes Edit
- Amy's abuse scene where Ste Hay cut her hair off was real, and could only be filmed once.
Goldie McQueen Edit
- Goldie's wig weighs Chelsee Healey down as it is so large.
Grace Black Edit
- It takes two hours to wash, dress and curl Grace's wig, followed by an extra 40 minutes to stytle it to her head.
Maxine Minniver Edit
- Maxine is actually 3 cup sizes larger than Nikki Sanderson. Nikki uses chicken fillets to fill her bra.
Freddie Roscoe Edit
- Freddie's leather jacket is the most expensive item of clothing on set.
- An estimated 25-30 fake eyelashes are used per week.
- A set member tends to the ducks that can be seen in the river outside The Dog in the Pond.
- The most expensive set is the hospital as the show ensures that everything is medically up to date, and have researches to make sure of this.
- The sweets in Price Slice are real, the wine, however, is not.
- The cakes in Esther's Magic Bean are fake.
- A cat named Elvis lives on set and sometimes features on the show.
- Despite being set in Chester, the show is filmed in Liverpool.
Jade Albright & Alfie Nightingale Edit
- The cancer storyline between Jade Albright and Alfie Nightingale was originally going to be cut as it recieved many complaints for being a rip-off "Fault in Our Stars".
Joe Roscoe Edit
- Joe Roscoe was written out of Mercedes' stillbirth storyline as his wife had suffered one.
Carmel McQueen, Theresa McQueen & Calvin Valentine Edit
- 2009 had a "non-linear" week where a flash-forward of 6 months showed Calvin being shot by Theresa McQueen.
John Paul McQueen & Finn O'Connor Edit
- Hollyoaks was the first soap to tackle male rape.
Ste Hay & John Paul McQueen Edit
- Hollyoaks was the first soap to feature a homosexual wedding.
Bart McQueen Edit
- Bart is named after Bart Simpson from The Simpsons, the television show aired before Hollyoaks on Channel 4.
The Lomax girls Edit
- Leela, Peri, Rose and Tegan are all named after Doctor Who companions.
The Roscoe boys Edit
- Freddie, Robbie, Jason, Joe and Ziggy are all named after iconic pop stars: Freddie Mercury, Robbie Williams, Jason Orange, Joe Cocker and David "Ziggy Stardust" Bowie.